Ravichandran Ashwin: Biography, Wife, IPL, Bowling speed, Age, Family, Net worth, Heights, Awards, Cricket academy and World Cup
FULL NAME: Ravichandran Ashwin
BORN: September 17, 1986
HEIGHT: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
ROLE: All Rounder / Right-arm off break & Right hand Batsman
RELATION(S): Prithi Narayanan (Spouse)
Ravichandran Ashwin is an Indian cricketer who represents the united states in global cricket. on the domestic stage, Ashwin plays first class cricket for Tamil Nadu. He additionally plays for the Kings XI Punjab inside the Indian premiere league.
Ashwin is considered one of India’s ace spin bowlers and bowls proper-arm off-break. Ashwin is maximum popular for his ability to spin the ball both approaches. Ashwin is likewise regarded for his carrom ball and leg spinners. this no longer simplest makes him one of the excellent spinners in india, but one of the exceptional in the international.
Along the years
|2006||19||Ranji Trophy debut for Tamil Nadu|
|2008||21||IPL Debut – Chennai Super Kings|
|2016||29||Appointed Captain of IPL franchise Kings XI Punjab|
|2019||32||Debut for Nottinghamshire|
- Ashwin is the fastest Indian bowler and the second-fastest in the world to reach 200 Test wickets after Australian spinner Clarrie Grimmett.
- He was also the fastest Indian bowler and 5th fastest in the world to reach 100 Test wickets from 18 matches.
- First Indian cricketer to score a century and take five wickets in the same Test match on two separate instances.
- Ashwin is the third Indian cricketer to be awarded the Man of the Match (MoM) on debut.
- Ashwin registered the second-best bowling on debut by an Indian bowler with 9/128.
- Fastest Indian to record 50 wickets in Test matches (9 games).
- Leading wicket-taker for India in a four-Test series (28 wickets).
- India’s highest in Tests for the seventh wicket -280-run partnership between Rohit Sharma and Ashwin in 2013. It was also the second-highest partnership for India against West Indies for any wicket in Tests.
- First Indian to take 50 T20I wickets.
- Highest wicket-taker in Twenty20 International cricket for India with 52 wickets.
- Most Man-of-the-Series Award (6)
- Fastest to 20th five-wicket haul.
- Fastest to reach 250 test wickets.
- Highest wicket-taker for India in a single domestic season (64).
- Fastest bowler to take 25 fifers.
- Most number of wickets by a bowler in a home season (79).
- Fastest Indian to 150 wickets.
- Fastest Indian and second overall to get 200 wickets.
- Fastest bowler to reach 300 Test wickets in his 54th Test.
Awards and Accolades
- Arjuna Award: 2014
- Test Team of the Year: 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017
- BCCI’s Dilip Sardesai Award for India’s best cricketer: 2010–11, 2015–16
- BCCI’s Polly Umrigar Award for international cricketer of the year: 2012–13
- ICC Test Player of the Year: 2016
- ICC Cricketer of the Year: 2016
- CEAT International Cricketer of the Year: 2016–17
Ashwin began his IPL career with the Chennai top notch kings in 2009. With CSK he went directly to win two consecutive IPL titles in 2010 and 2011. But in 2016, following Chennai excellent kings’ ban for 2 years Ashwin changed into drafted to rising pune Supergiants. Ashwin performed the 2016 season however overlooked the 2017 season because of sports hernia. for the 2018 version of IPL, Ashwin became bought by means of Kings XI Punjab for ₹ 7.6 crores and became appointed its captain. One of the most debatable incidents in Ashwin’s IPL career changed into the Mankading of Jos Buttler in IPL 2019.
Ashwin earned region within the 15-member ICC world cup squad together with harbhajan and Piyush Chawla. Even though Ashwin performed handiest two matches within the global cup he did depart his mark. Ashwin made his international cup debut in march 2011 towards the west indies. He finished with the bowling figures of two/41 in 10 overs. Ashwin helped in India’s event victory however he did now not function in both the semi-very last or the very last.
Ashwin was born on 17 September 1986 in Tamil Nadu. He lived in West Mambalam, Chennai. Ashwin’s father Ravichandran, played cricket at the club level as a fast bowler. Ashwin married his childhood friend Prithi Narayanan on 13 November 2011. The couple gave birth to their first daughter Akhira on 11 July 2015, and then their second daughter Aadhya in December 2016.